I'm Only Shelly, Welcome To My Life!! :)

Well, I hope that this doesnt turn into one of those blogs about how my life is so terrible. And I know it wont because my life ROCKS! I have a great family, great friends and a great place to go to school.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Speckly Skin and Various Other Things...

I have speckly skin-just so you all know! I had a real bad sunburn this summer and it peeled really weird so now everytime im in the sun or hot, parts of my skin get red faster than other parts. weird huh.

Its the first week of classes, and aside from a few occurances this week its been great!

I've been finishing Donald Miller's Searching For God Knows What and today I was reading about morals. It says

"All of us subscribe to some kind of morality, mostly born of a conscience rather than a book. And the Bible is not structured as a moral code. It does not have all the answers on right and wrong. It has some, enough to guide a man's conscience, but a book containing a complete moral code would require all pages in all books.

Somehow, and for some reason, each of us subscribes to a kind of morality, and although for some this code is not defined, it is understood and adhered to...

The truth is, we all want morality. We know morals will make us better people, and we even feel a kind of nobility when we subscribe and defend a code."

Just kinda hit me today that this whole not wanting bad things to come out of my mouth was not only just that, but wanting to be moral, wanting to not do bad things so that I could FEEL like I was doing something right. But as God has reminded me for quite some time now, HE's in charge and its not for me, its for Him. So as long as I remember that the words out of my mouth are not for me, not for helping me make new friends, but for Him, I think I can do a lot better.

Thanks for listening...well reading...

Shelly

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Matt W said...

I love it, Shelly.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home