I'm Only Shelly, Welcome To My Life!! :)

Well, I hope that this doesnt turn into one of those blogs about how my life is so terrible. And I know it wont because my life ROCKS! I have a great family, great friends and a great place to go to school.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Control...

So God has been teaching me a few things about control over the past couple days, and I seem to be just taking it in...right now...at 1am.

I talked to one of my best friends that I graduated High School with, named Emily, last night. Just to give you a little background, she left home and went to school in Mobile, Alabama. SO with that said, obviously she was affected by Hurricane Katrina. I guess it hadnt occured to me until last night that I hadnt heard from her since the Hurricane, but I decided to call her.

I did, she's fine-back in good ol Danvers, IL. I was so relieved to hear that, but she was telling me about a couple of her friends that actually live in the area whos homes were in 3 feet of water...IN ALABAMA! I'm talkin they're a GOOD hour from the coast and they had three feet of water in their living room. It just about makes me sick to watch any news or read any news online just because it scares me when I lose control.

I cant imagine being her right now. Shes 'stranded' at home, and doesnt plan on going back to school until next semester (if at all) . I keep thinking to myself, what if that was me and I didnt have any of my stuff from school, I had to come back home and just be there, not knowing what was happening with my friends and not knowing if everyone was alright, just leaving.

The other things-well, just dont seem as important as that...so I'm not even going to worry about it. :)

on another note, I <3 Derek Webb, and I've been listening to his CD all day, and theres this song...its called Beloved...and the chorus, which I just think is beautiful says:

Beloved listen to me
Dont believe all that you see
and dont you ever let anyone tell you
That theres anything that you need
but me

I've been singing it to myself all day long, mostly the lines that say and dont you ever let anyone tell you that theres anything that you need...

I just love it. I love friends too, great friends, that are there for you when you need them the most, and who know that you need them...and that are just awesome :)

I'm not really tired anymore, but I dont really have anything else relevant to say so,

See Ya
Shelly

OH YEAH!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYKER SCOTT EWING!!!
I LOVE YOU MY LITTLE BUDDY!!

(Ryker's 3 Today!!)

2 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger dlaz said...

We don't need anything but him.
We can completely rely on Him...


...I love saying that stuff, but it's soooo hard to actually do. Thank God that He is faithful even though we aren't...

-dave

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger dlaz said...

I accidentally pushed the login and publish button when i was trying to type in my name and password...



here's the rest---



"...He loves us so much
:)"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home