I'm Only Shelly, Welcome To My Life!! :)

Well, I hope that this doesnt turn into one of those blogs about how my life is so terrible. And I know it wont because my life ROCKS! I have a great family, great friends and a great place to go to school.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Scared...

Okay, well I have some news for you all! I've decided to stop posting all the time just to post and now I'm only gonna post if I have something relevant to say :) THIS IS RELEVANT!!!

I'm going to Slidell, Louisiana in 14 days...scary huh...I'm so excited, but so completely scared at the same time. I called my parents and they're totally okay with it--which is awesome, but I think part of me wanted them to say no so I wouldnt have to go...but I want to go...but I'm scared...Its gonna be amazing.

We're spending 3 days working on cleaning up after the hurricane. We're going with Campus Crusade for Christ and I just have this great feeling about the whole deal. Brad and Jen and I are def. going, possibly Matt, Kyle, Hillary, Betsy, Emily Nathan, Nick, Holly, Katie W, Jordan, John, and a ton of other people who i've forgotten! Its really exciting! Really scary too...have I mentioned that?

I dont know what I'm doing going down there, but...I want to see it. I want to see the power of God, the destruction. It sounds bad, but I want to see how strong He is. I know, its gonna be hard, its gonna be a very emotional weekend, but I've felt called to go down there and help since the hurricane hit, but until now I wasnt sure how I would even go about doing that. Now I know. I want to see people, I want to hear their stories, I want to play with the kids...and its going to rock.

Scared/Excited (or is it Excited/Scared?),
Shelly

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Gretchen Magruder said...

It sounds AWESOME!!! I love how God is working to bring students together!!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Bradjward said...

13 days :-D :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home