I'm Only Shelly, Welcome To My Life!! :)

Well, I hope that this doesnt turn into one of those blogs about how my life is so terrible. And I know it wont because my life ROCKS! I have a great family, great friends and a great place to go to school.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Held...

Natalie Grant rocks...it seems like whenever I really need encouragement, God has put a song in my head that totally relates to whatever I'm thinking about...which today happens to be the big trip to Louisiana in 12 days...

I've heard on the radio a remix type thing of this song and sound bytes from the president and other important news people talking about the Hurricane...and right now...This Is Me...

This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was that when everything fell
We’d be held

If hope if born of suffering
If this is only the beginning
Can we not wait, for one hour
Watching for our savior


Right now, when I think of what I would be feeling at this point if I lived in any of the affected areas is, all of my stuff! my pictures, memories...and how encouraging this song must be to many people there, i mean when you think about This is what it is, to be loved and to know that the promise was when everything fell, we'd be held...and we have to trust that even if things happen, God's gonna be there, along with a lot of other people who want to help :) like me :) but you know what i mean...

yes i know, its 3:45am on a Saturday night, but I'm at the LRH front desk...and I'm getting off work in 15 minutes...but I was feeling a little nervous about Louisiana and all of a sudden i realized the chorus going thru my head was this song...

THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE HELD

Goodnight :)
Shelly

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Gretchen Magruder said...

I was totally singing that song in my head when I sat down at my computer a few minutes ago.....creepy......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home