I'm Only Shelly, Welcome To My Life!! :)

Well, I hope that this doesnt turn into one of those blogs about how my life is so terrible. And I know it wont because my life ROCKS! I have a great family, great friends and a great place to go to school.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Home

THIS BLOG WAS CUT OFF :( I PROMISE I'LL FINISH IT LATER!!! so for now, you'll just have to read about half my trip ;)



Well okay, as promised, here's a LONG blog about my trip, homecoming, my birthday and other random happenings in the past 2 weeks.

OK lets start w/the trip. I wrote everything in a journal that I have sitting here so that I dont leave anything out.

At about 8pm Thursday night, Brad recieved a phone call from Campus Crusades telling him that we shouldnt come to Louisiana. Of course, we didnt take this very well and Brad got ahold of a music pastor in Mandeville, LA. He said that he would love for us to come down and help out in Mandeville. We ended up leaving not at 9, but at about 10:30pm. I got about 2 hours of sleep the whole night. It was a fun drive though, I was in the suburban with Brad, Jen, Shana and Betsy.

We stopped in Memphis around 5:30am to pick up Matt and Heather and while stopped, a few of us ran into Walmart. This old woman who was the greeter for the day was standing by the door talking to Brad. He told her about our trip and she demanded that all the girls give her a hug because what we were doing was wonderful! I <3 Old Ladies!!!

When we got about an hour out of Mandeville (like 17 hours after leaving Springfield) it started to rain...I wrote in my journal - 'Well hello Rita, nice to meet you!!' I'm sucha dork. Ok so anyways...We had like a half tank of gas and thought that maybe we should find a gas station and fill up before we got there. Well, before we left we were concerned that gas prices would be the problem in Louisiana, but after President Bush put a cap on gas prices, that wasnt a concern...the only problem was FINDING gas. Almost all of the gas stations in the area we stopped the first time were out of gas. Eventually we found a gas station that had some and we filled up the two vehicles.


Well...I cant get the rest of the pics to upload so you'll just have to go to http://www.twosouth.com/slidell/ if you want to see them :)

Thats all for now, I'm beat

Shelly

5 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Matt W said...

Long?

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Bradjward said...

I think you lost about 900 words. :(

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Matt W said...

Still waiting...

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelly, u are pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don't change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L.G.

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home